Monday, October 27, 2008

Madam President

So I was telling Paul that I felt bad because I wasn't as involved with the kids school here as I was in Az. So, he agrees that it would be a good idea. I see that the principal is having a "coffee" one day, so I make arrangements for Lainey to go to a friends and I attend. There were 3 of us there!
I of course share my thoughts and feelings about school and related subjects, it was nice and I will go to the next one. A few days later, the phone rings its the principal, she says the district is looking for parents to be on a committee to name a new school that will in the works, Would I like to be on the committee? Sure, why not, I want to be involved. So I attend a few meetings for this committee at which the lady in charge needs some parents for a committee for picking a mascot and school colors for another school that is about to open. The meeting is in a few days, and she could really use the help, Sure why not!
Then, I see that there is going to be a PTA meeting, I want to be involved remember, so I plan on attending. There are ten people there, which is how many board members there are. The next thing I know, we are having an election, and I am now the new Sun Ridge Middle School PTA President!!!! (Stop laughing Nikki) That will teach me to want to get involve.
I have been really busy, but I am excited to work with the school and try to get other families involved.

5 comments:

RonJohn said...

wow look at you! im impressed. what a good involved parent you are.

Nikki said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!! Hahahaha! Oh I'm sorry, am I laughing?? What did you tell me? It was something like, how'd you let yourself get sucked into that? Of course I'm paraphrasing a bit. I must say that you have a good start if there are 10 people at your meetings. That is pretty good. I'm happy for you though, you will be really good at it. Your much more social than I am which really comes in handy when you need more parent involvement.

Brooke said...

yay! i think you'll do awesome!!

Rene'e said...

Ha sounds about right! Just when you ask for a little you get a lot!!! I bet you will have so much fun. If anything else, it is way better to be the president and have a say in how things are done than the peon that just has to execute what the president plans! :)

ByPass Momma said...

Nice, you think you would have learned by now!!! ;)