Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year

Well its a fresh new year full of possibilities. "New" sometimes gets me a little excited it makes me think of perfect, not blemished, something with great possibilities. Then I am not sure what to do with it. I want it to stay "new" so may be I should keep it in a safe place, or maybe I should save it for a "special" time. Sometimes because I want the newness to last, I do nothing at all! Thinking about this makes me look at things differently. Why do I have this "new" thing?
Do I have it to just look at? Will it help me or others if it isn't used? Will it bring me or others joy if nothing is done with it?
This year, I don't want to be blinded by the newness. I want to learn and grow and take full advantage of the life and blessing that I have. I don't want to save my moments for something special, I don't want to do nothing at all or keep it in a safe place waiting.
I don't want to look back and see all the opportunities that were missed.
I have been blessed with so much love and encouragement from wonderful friends and family,
this year I want to be grateful, happy, and healthy. I want to use my time wisely to be all that my Heavenly Father has made me to be.
I hope we all look at this "New" year with open eyes and get the most out of each day we have been given!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I really do love the way you see things. I can't wait to hear more as you continue to blog. Oh, and don't forget to add pictures!! We want to see your smiling faces too!

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

I am so excited Ruth!!! I am so glad that I can keep up with your fam and you this way!!! I hope that you check out our blog too!!!