Friday, February 29, 2008

Health Update

I guess I should do an update on my health, since I rambled on before about it!

I am feeling much better. Since my last blog about being sick, I have been to the Dr. 2 more times. The first time I wasn't doing much better, so guess what I got, another shot!!

When I was a kid I think our pediatrician gave us a shot for EVERYTHING I hated needles, and I hated the Dr! Then I became a "grown up" and it seems like I never got a shot (except when I was exposed to Hepatitis). So I had no idea that Dr.s were into giving shots again.:(

I also had to go in and get some chest x-rays, they came back all clear, yeah!

I still take 2 inhalers and I am on some decongestants for my stuffy head. I haven't been able to get my head cleared, I guess you could say that I am sick in the head, but we already knew that!!

He also put me on a med for high blood pressure. Paul also went back to the Dr. and he was also put on a high blood pressure med and a med. for his migraines. We hope that between the 2 meds, that they will go away, or at least be fewer. I don't know how he copes with them, I have had a migraine once, it was probably more like a really bad headache, and I couldn't function.

I go back to the Dr. in a month, and need to get some lab work done before then, but I am in the clear now, and trying to get back to normal life, whatever that is.

I have a new admiration for people who have to live with chronic illnesses. I it was hard to do all the daily things that need to be done and have the energy for family and callings and the rest of life.

7 comments:

Merrimom said...

I'm glad you are doing better now. It stinks when it takes so long to get feeling better. Hopefully both of you can get better and stay that way....at least we all hope that. :D

Anne-Marie said...

Bless your heart, Ruth...Yikes! Get better, will ya?

Nikki said...

I'm really glad your feeling better. Don't forget to post that you may be coming to AZ for spring break!! When you know the exact dates, let us all know. I'm so excited about you coming!! So you better stay well!! --Nikki

melFeldt photography said...

Hope you're better by now. Wish I was there to help or bring you some goodies! Did you get the box of primary things I left in the primary room for you all? Hope so.

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

Okay so where are the pictures from your trip to Phoenix???you and nikki whats up with no new posts? :)

Nikki said...

HELLO?!!! Are you even alive? Ok I know you are because I call you to make sure. But post on your blog every once in a while would be nice!!

melFeldt photography said...

you still there?