Wednesday, February 20, 2008

IS THERE A SCISSOR GENE???

I am begining to believe that I have some mutated gene that I have past on to the girls!
I shared my story of Ryleigh and cutting her hair, and then of course my mishap with my bangs, now Lainey has cut her hair!!!!
She got some hair on the top of her head and chopped, it stands up like little feathers!
At first I thought it was just moring hair, then as I brushed it out, I realized it wouldnt go down and it was VERY SHORT. When I asked if she cut her hair she replied "oh, no! I don't know why its like that." I wanted to believe her so I thought maybe it broke off when she had a ponytail the day before! Yeah right, its way to much to be breakage!
So I mentioned it when daddy got home.... she came clean, with tears, saying "I am sorry, I really did cut my hair, I won't do it anymore" We had a talk about honesty and she lost computer privildges that night. She cried on daddy's shoulder, and then was all better.
I have a feeling this wont be the last time that scissors get put to the test by her, but hopefully I can catch it sooner next time!!!!

3 comments:

Merrimom said...

I am in luck here with the scissor thing... I can just shave the heads of the boys if I need to. Me, on the other hand, if I try to trim my own hair, I'm in the same boat as you... asking if someone can help me fix it! Good luck on the hair growing out fast!

RonJohn said...

i found your blog off of melanies. so cute.
johnandroni.blogspot.com

Roni
ps i had a side-pony for weeks when i was little thanks to my hair chop. it happens to the best of us.

Anne-Marie said...

Oh it's sad, but seems like such a rite of passage in childhood. Cute Lainey, we miss her.