Monday, February 25, 2008

Kids Say the Funniest Things

Yesterday, we had stake conference. As we were getting ready, Lainey asked "Mommy, is today Fast Sunday?" I answered "No, we have stake conference today." "OH" she says.
Then, while we were on the way to church she blurts out, "So, Dad, is today Fast Sunday or Slow Sunday?"
The "big" kids got a kick out of it. She wasn't sure why everyone chuckled.
Of course I had to bite my tongue not to say "OH, it will be Slow Sunday!" Knowing that I had to sit with her for a two hour meeting when some Sundays, I barely survive the 1 hour Sacrament meeting!!!!!!
The meeting was great, and I did get to listen to a big portion of it. We made a couple of trips to the potty (but I could hear the mtg in there) and at the end we needed to sit in the room that has the baptismal font in it (I could also hear it in there).
A member of our stake presidency talked to the youth about how Joseph Smith was only a teenager too when he was seeking answers from the Lord. He did a great job with explaining to them that like Joseph, they can go to the Lord for answers.
We all left the meeting feeling very uplifted!

4 comments:

Merrimom said...

Great story! Don't forget to write it down for her to read when she's older. I always have to remind myself to write funny things down. It's so fun to hear cute things kiddos say.

Stacey said...

kids say the greatest things don't they!! cute blog, come check out mine!

Stacey

RonJohn said...

I think He makes them that way, so that we remember to keep on laughing even when life gets hard.

Stacey said...

"Choochi" is a nickname Justin gave Brody when he was born